Early Spring Menu
March 5, 2013 § Leave a comment
Hi Everyone, i’d like to announce the new “Early Spring” menu, which will be in effect from now until the end of April…minor changes should always be anticipated due to popularity (i’ll pull a dish if not well received) and availability of ingredients. Sometimes i’ll switch it up to provide a little respite from monotony. Kids do tend to like predictability in meal choices, so hopefully two months with the menu will be the right amount of time. If anyone is feeling restless with the length of this menu, let me know, as I aim to please.
- Black bean, black olive and cheddar enchiladas, with lots of fresh cilantro and cumin- Spinach and red onion added for extra nutrition. Tortillas are made of soft corn, making this a naturally gluten free dish.
- Mashed avocado with sea salt and fresh lemon- A mild accompaniment to the above. Avocados are a great source of Vitamins C and E, carotenoids, selenium, zinc, phytosterols and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Three cheese Lasagna with shitake mushrooms and spinach-Made with whole wheat noodles and lots of cheddar, mozzarella and ricotta cheese from Organic Valley.
- Rubbed kale salad with mango and citrus honey dressing- Raw kale with a light, tart and addictive dressing.
- Red lentil soup- Made with red potatoes, carrots, spinach, celery, onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric.
- Butternut squash- Mashed with honey, cultured butter, Celtic sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- Cauliflower and cavatelli- This pasta dish is made with bronze cut noodles, cheddar cheese, creme fraiche and fresh herbs. The star of this dish is definitely the cauliflower, a wonderful plant source of choline.
- Honey baked chicken with mango and curry- Chicken thighs, not spicy.
- Red miso glazed salmon- Farm raised salmon baked in a slightly sweet sauce with thinly sliced shitake mushrooms.
- Butter bean salad with orange peppers- Marinated in rice vinegar, fresh lemon, evoo, cilantro, garlic and onion. My favorite dish!
- Baked lemon broccoli- simple side dish with sea salt and evoo.